BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. The job roles that relate to this qualification may include Project Manager and Project Team Leader.
Individuals in these roles have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialized, technical, and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
No licensing, legislative, or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Entry Requirements – Nil
The role of graduates may vary from sector to sector. However, graduates with proper employability skills should be able to work as:
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Team Member
- Project or Program
Kordon does not make any misleading claims or job guarantees or advertise any employment outcome with its courses.
Course design and structure
Kordon Institute of Technology (Kordon) selected units that lead to a generic Project Management qualification
- There are 12 units in the course.
- Kordon has selected 8 elective units of competency that it recommends and markets for this course and also based on industry feedback.
- Each unit is stand-alone
- The units can be delivered in any order
- This course design aligns with the packaging rules for this qualification which require;
– 2 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed within the training package
– for the remaining 2 elective units:
– if not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Diploma or above, from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Total number of units = 12
8 core units plus
4 elective units, of which:
- 2 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- for the remaining 2 elective units:
- up to 2 units may be selected from the elective units listed below
- if not listed, up to 2 units may be selected from a Diploma or above, from this or any other currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment, and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Chosen elective units must not include BSBPMG430 Undertake project work.
|BSBPMG530||Manage project scope|
|BSBPMG531||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG532||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG533||Manage project cost|
|BSBPMG534||Manage project human resources|
|BSBPMG535||Manage project information and communication|
|BSBPMG536||Manage project risk|
|BSBPMG540||Manage project integration|
|BSBPMG537||Manage project procurement|
|BSBOPS503||Develop administrative systems|
|BSBOPS501||Manage business resources|
Electives unit allocation will be provided based on student experience, background, and knowledge.
Qualification Mapping Information
Supersedes and is equivalent to BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management.
The following methods will be used to determine the achievement level of competency. The customization and flexibility of the methods for assessment aim to address specific needs and learning situations.
• Projects & presentations
• Quiz – Q & A
Requirements to Receive the Qualification
Students are required to successfully complete all units of competence to be awarded this qualification.